Friday 15 June 2012

ECW Skirmish


This week I took part in a play test in of a skirmish ECW game put on by fellow FDWC member Dave K who is putting on the game as a participation game at a local gaming event and was wanting to have a trial run. Fair enough.

Oh look a cannon! Aarrgh!
My opponent for the evening was Pete who took on the guise of the rascally Royalists and I was the roguish Roundheads out for mischief.

Some Dragoons out for a ride in the countryside.
I wont go into any details about the scenario and the game lest I spoil any surprises, in case anyone's looking who might play the game, but enough to say myself and Pete had a great game with lots of laughs and caused a few headaches for Umpire Dave, who true to form, didn't get phased at all.

A pleasant ride through the countryside
The rules Dave was using were an old set ' Once Upon a Time in the West Country', a skirmish set for ECW games which worked pretty well and with Dave winging things, the game was great fun.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous setup and terrain. ECW is sadly underlooked for skirmish level games, I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting without spoilers Rory -I have linked to the MacLAM board as a teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking game and skirmish for ECW is often seen.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...