Friday 31 August 2012

Knights and MaA's

With a dearth of painting activity here over the summer months and my planned progress looking a bit sad, I've got myself motivated again now that the usual non-related stuff has sorted itself out a bit and I can settled down to get my painting mojo in gear again.

To get myself going I painted up some easy fare in the form of a couple of medival skirmish types;


An enjoyable line up to paint up, with four old Copplestone Men at Arms types and a single Perry HYW foot knight.

Didn't try anything fancy but just got them done a gaming standard. The heraldry is just generic (but no doubt will be some ones arms somewhere) the Perry figure in the centre was done in these arms because as soon as I saw the figure I saw it in this colour scheme, simple but effective I think.





The Copplestone figures were a joy to paint (I like all his sculpting and is nice and crisp) and didn't cause any issues at all, base coats, dry brush, highlight and wash, done.



So, now that I've got some progress under my belt, however modest, I feel that I'm up for more and I've already got some units well under way for my Berbers and a couple of other bits and bobs. I've also got some bits of terrain scatter under my belt;


So far so good. More on the painting front soon.

5 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Rory. My painting mojo has been dead all year - perhaps September will be more fruitful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, enjoyed painting them up which motivates me to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking figures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...