Sunday 9 September 2012

Future Wars Update 002


Bravo Section - 1st Platoon - 1st Company
3rd Scots Battalion (Mechanised Infantry) 2065
I've now finished off the second Fire Team for the first section of my Mechanised Infantry Platoon for the Future Wars project, and I'm reasonably please with the results.









The completed Section now makes a small viable gaming team which coupled with the APC looks quite handy. All the figures in the section are Copplestone Castings.


I also painted up an old Urban Mammoth character, Major Kali to add a bit of character for the force for a possible character/hero use.


She certainly adds a bit of character to the project and no doubt will come in handy for scenario's etc.


As you can see from this post, I've also been mucking about with photographing the figure's which I think can be a bit of fun in it's own right, and if nothing else is a bit of practice with the camera and photo editing software. All part of the enjoyment of the hobby really.


Now that the first Section is complete and out of the way, I have a clear idea of how to complete the whole platoon, which is just a case of plodding through the painting and getting it done. Should be fairly clear cut.

I have had the vague idea of expanding the force from the Platoon to a full Company, which would would be fun, maybe including Manoeuvre Support and an attached Assault Platoon, but I'll park that one for now. One reason for that being having checked on the Web that Old Crow is not producing his existing line at the moment due to working on some movie project plus new lines. This all sounds very interesting, and I'll be watching his website with interest, but a bit of a pain if your wanting to expand your current collection. I think you can contact him with a wishlist of his existing range and he'll get back to you. 



Anyway, I've caught up with this project a bit, and I'm keen to progress with it and get it up to the finish for the end of the year, at least to get the original Platoon complete at any rate.

However, next up on this project fairly soon will be...The Enemy. Watch this space.

9 comments:

  1. Very fine paintwork, Rory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good

    I have based and undercoated my Pig Iron Figures but that is all

    One day I will have something that can take your guys on, but not one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really amazing, lovely work Hendrid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the kind words.

    Dave, looking forward to see your Pig Iron troops done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I!

      The painting fairies seem to have been absent though - every time I go and look at them they are still in their unpainted state.

      What I really need to do is decide on a base colour. Once I get started they should not take too long - after all there are only 7 of them.

      Delete
  5. Great looking troops and something interesting from Sci Fi!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...